Friday, August 1, 2008

Nat's turn - another feather added to my hat

Today started-out as any other day for most. But not for me, today's the day I had to prove not only to the people around me, but most importantly - to myself that I am worth every single cent AND tear (going back to school in manila, leaving Chi behind for the nth time, etc.). Today is the day I take my SAP certification exam. Today is the culmination of the five week's worth of intense studying (read: no partying, no gimmicks, no trips to the movie house, nothing, as in NADA!). Today was the day that will prove that I have somehow learned something during those five weeks. And guess what, I effing passed ! I couldn't effing believe it !

Remember that scene in Jerry Maquire wherein Tom Cruise 'thought' he'd signed up the character of Jerry O'Connell? (you know that 'Free Fallin' scene???). And man! I was doing just THAT in the car on my effing way home !!! The feeling of finally getting the exam over and done with and ALSO passing it was simply......ecstatic ! So OK, my reaction might very well be over the top but I certainly do think I deserve to be happy, most especially AFTER I found out that of those who took the exam (there were actually 3 of us), only one passed (there Kris, I said it ! hehehe!)

On another note, since I am now on update mode for this particular entry, I might as well add another blessing I've managed to receive today (5 Aug).....my US B1/B2 visitors visa has been approved for renewal ! The wait was tough and hard, especially if you have a 23mo old hurricane with you; why? because US State Dept regulations now require the personal appearance of children-regardless of age, I had to bring the little prince with me, but it was definitely worth it ! That's another ten year, multiple entry to the US for both me and the little squirt (this son of ours has more visas stamped on his passport than most grown-ups I know!) Good things come to those who wait, eh ?

7 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

Congratulations, Nat!

Nauna na yung prize mo -- your new lcd is waiting for you at home with Chi. Hehe!

Nat, Chi, and Maku said...

Thanks kris ! Ah yes, how can I forget about the new toy chi bought for our bedroom ! I wasn't able to mention though that of the three students who took the exam, only one was able to pass (ehem !!!) Now I can count the days when maku and myself go back to sydney...one bottle of san mig light at a time.

Domestic Goddess said...

Gosh, Nat! That IS worth mentioning! Quick, edit your post and include that!

Seriously, at least being away from each other was worth it. Great job!

Domestic Goddess said...

That's better...Things like that are not meant to be kept secret.

Katuwa naman what you mentioned about Maku's passport. I remember when Chi told me that Maku has more Lacoste shirts than his mommy. Hehe!

Nat, Chi, and Maku said...

hay naku, this kid is sooooo much blessed, "everybody loves maku" (my take on everybody loves raymond) as i would say. now the lolo and lola (my side) are seriously contemplating on bringing him to HK Disney before we fly back to Oz. parang ang sarap maging unang apo, no?

Domestic Goddess said...

That's because Maku is so cute and adorable! Parang you want to pinch his cheeks when you see him. If your Disneyland trip will push thru, don't forget to post photos!

Cookie Aguilar said...

Congrats Nat!!! galing galing!!!! wow love reading that post!

-Cookie