Monday, July 28, 2008

On Being Alone

One of the advantages of being alone is that you can do whatever you want. You can sleep, eat, and wake up anytime. You have your own time to do whatever you want. Nobody stops or controls you. You don’t feel guilty to stay out late or obligated that you need to be home and do household chores. Yes, I am enjoying my being single for the past month, but don’t get me wrong, I still have many occasions when I long for the hugs and kisses of my two boys! My point is that we just need to make the most out of our current situation and currently, I am enjoying my freedom!


Last Friday, I had some drinks with my colleagues at the Opera Bar. I had a glass of beer, 3 different shots of I don't know what they were and a glass of gin tonic and finished my colleague's red bull. Whew! With an empty stomach, I was already feeling dizzy so I stopped drinking. An hour after we went to Quay Grand for dinner. I didn't dare to drink anymore, I was feeling sober. I left them quarter to 11, took the train and got home at midnight. I had a good time and it was fun especially when everything was free. My last gimmick before this was a year ago!


The next day, my friend invited me to an open-house inspection. A 3-bedroom, 3 toilet with 2 car space apartment unit was selling for $1.3 Mln. I can't even imagine myself having that amount in my lifetime. We drove around 3 different suburbs in the north shore and for the first time I saw the biggest houses in Sydney. I spent the rest of my afternoon watching DVDs then in the evening I cleaned our room and the bathroom. I can’t even remember what I had for dinner.


On Sunday, I woke up a bit early, well, quarter to 9. I started my day watching series 2 of House and in the afternoon went to the library to get the book I've reserved. I had no idea there was already a hail which looked like snow in some of the northern shore suburbs. I had grilled pork chops in rosemary for dinner which was good, watched tv again and slept at 11pm.

So nice to be lazy and lie on the bed, relax, sleep whenever I want. I'm taking advantage of this few weeks I have before Nat & Maku arrives in end of August. Being alone is not too bad at all like what I was dreading before they left. Of course, I miss my 2 boys. I still have my crazy moments when I look at Maku's pictures and pretend to talk to him and tell him he's being makulit and malikot and then in the end make gigil by pinching his cheeks! I'm just grateful that we have Skype and YM, and we get to do video calls every night for free. For the rest of my weekends on being single, I am planning to do some cleaning and shopping for the house. Hopefully, I don't get tamad!

No comments: