Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our dinner last night

If my best cousin, Krisan, is the domestic goddess, I'm her exact opposite. Since we moved to Sydney, I have somehow learned to do some household chores like ironing, washing the dishes, doing the laundry, etc. But I don't know whyI wasn't blessed with the talent in cooking, don't get me wrong, my mom is a good cook and i actually miss her cooking! Last night, I offered to cook dinner for a change. Nat, the chef in the house, asked me to do minced pork sa misua. I have no idea on how it's cooked so he briefed me for a while then he left me and went inside our room to play with Maku. So when dinner was ready, Nat took a sip of the soup, and he had an odd look on his face and asked me how much fish sauce I put. Well, I poured a lot, not just tablespoons! Sobrang alat daw! So binalik nya sa pot and added more water, i think 2-3 cups of water yata nilagay nya. I had it as my baon today and I still find it a bit salty. Lesson: Wag ako iiwanan sa kitchen mag-isa unsupervised and/or i should always follow a recipe book. Oh well! I should do more practice - i mean lots of practice!

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Correct! Practice is key! Having a husband who NEVER complains is a big plus too! I still have my palpak cooking days. Buti na lang Richard has been programmed to say that my cooking is the best even if it tastes like ewan. Haha!