Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Daddy’s Birthday!

It’s my dad’s 62nd birthday today, ironically I am sad that I’m not there to celebrate it with him but at the same time happy that he is still alive and healthy. I spoke to him this morning and he was jokingly telling me that he thought he’d have a surprise party as I always plan a surprise party for him. My dad is the best dad in the world and I’m so proud on how he raised us all to be good and God fearing children so I dedicate this post to my wonderful daddy.



My dad is a great achiever. He worked himself up from being a driver and a security guard in Rufino building to a (good looking) lawyer and businessman.




The eldest in the family where he also stood as the father to his siblings of 6. He’s the most generous person always sharing his blessings (even if there’s little left for him) with others.




He’s a devoted, loving, sweet husband to my mom always praising mommy's cooking that he prefers to eat at home

He’s a very supportive dad. He’s a disciplinarian but not a strict one kaya nakakalusot pa rin paminsan minsan

He’s a sweet grandfather spoiling the apos not with material things but with so much attention, sometimes flying to LA and AU to be with them


Some Facts about my Dad

1) He’s retired but still looking for other business ventures. Di nya ma-take na wala siyang ginagawa. Actually, he’s not yet fully retired pala as he will be the driver of one of the apos this coming school year.

2) He’s a handyman and he always knows how to fix things.

3) He doesn’t wear shorts that’s why his legs are so white.

4) He’s always in Makati, specifically in Figaro, Glorietta. So if you can’t reach him on the phone, just visit Figaro and you’ll surely see him there.

5) He’s very practical that he wouldn't eat at a fine dining restaurant, or buy some branded clothes or book a business class ticket. He’d commute from time to time if he thinks it will save him time and money.

6) He’s very religious that he goes to Manaog at least once a month and hears mass even on weekdays.

7) He’s a fighter and the most optimistic person I know. Whenever we are at our lowest, he's always there to say something that would make us feel definitely better in the end.

8) He's so maabilidad kaya he's my idol.

9) He's very friendly that wherever we go, he knows somebody. Kung wala, we'd see him talking to the guards or waiters, etc.

10) He doesn't have any vices, he doesn't smoke, gamble or drink ( i think he can only drink 2 bottles of beer the most)

11) He's not high-tech. He doesn't even know how to text but he knows how to retrieve text messages.

12) He's very persuasive that most of the time even if you were firm with your decision and you discussed it with him, he'd make you change your mind.


To my dad, I know I don't say this much but I'd like you to know that I love you so much and I am just so thankful for everything. I thank both mom and you for making our lives comfortable and for being supportive to us even now that we have our own families. I don't have a gift for you and mom, so utang muna. I'll have something when I fly next year for my holidays.





2 comments:

malditang bunso said...

Uy natuwa naman ako.. from a driver to a security guard to a lawyer!!! grabe!! Ang galeng.

Plus habang binabasa ko yung entry mo, naluluha ako. Daddy's girl din kasi ako and I'm very very proud of my dad. D nga lang siya mayaman pero kakaiba ang sacrifices na ginawa ng daddy ko.

Hay nakakatuwa. Happy birthday kamo! (Kala mo magkakilala kami no??? --- hahaha)

Domestic Goddess said...

Chi, please extend our birthday greetings to our ninong! (Sorry, wala na akong phone kasi pinadala ko na kay mommy when they went home). Everything that you said about tito is soo true! Super bilib ako with the way that he raised you guys. That's why kinuha namin syang ninong sa kasal. I'm hoping that some of his parenting skills will rub off on us. Hehe!

Happy birthday, tito Carding! We wish you good health, more blessings and more years to come! Love, Richard, Krisan + Alyannah.