Monday, July 7, 2008

Flashback

My sister in law sent me pictures of Maku and boy is he big already! One would really think he’s 3 years old. Time really flies so fast and in a few months he’s gonna be 2! While I was browsing thru the pictures, my mind flashed back to the day, well, actually the day before I gave birth to him.


It was September 2, 2006 and I had my weekly check up with my OB in the morning. It was my 38th week and my 3rd official day of maternity leave. My OB did something called “stripping” to induce labor. After the visit with Dra. Henson, we headed to the weekend market in Alabang. I still remember buying a small bowl of lugaw (congee) for P50 which the vendor said that it was already discounted since it was originally P65. We went home, had lechon for lunch, took a nap then went to Little Quiapo in BF for some halo-halo. After that, Nat & I walked around the village and I felt some contractions already (though I didn’t know I was contracting that time), making me stop from walking for a few seconds and on our way back home the contractions felt stronger and more frequent but bearable. I took a shower afterwards and everything was still fine. Dinner came, I only had 2-3 bites of pepperoni pizza and the contraction pain started to increase. I went up the room and there was blood already but didn’t panic because my OB said that I might bleed because of the stripping. Nat was panicking already, insisting that we should call our OB and head to the hospital. I told him to relax and wait for a little while because it might just be a false alarm but the pain went on until I cannot bear it anymore to the point that I can’t stand anymore.


The ride to the hospital was terrible. The contractions were longer, stronger and more intense and I was repetitively saying “ayoko na, ang sakit!!!! ayoko na!!!”. I was wheeled straight to Genesis birthing area and was hooked to the fetal monitor to check on the baby and when the nurse checked my cervix I was already 5cm dilated. That was around 9-10 p.m. My contractions were now a few minutes apart. I threw up twice and Nat would watch the machine that monitors that contractions and he would warn me na malapit na and he would hold my hand.


I was brought to the birthing room afterwards, and the anesthesiologist came and gave me an epidural. I felt a lot better afterwards but a bit groggy and I was telling Nat to take pictures while we are still waiting for my OB. When my OB came, we did some pushing and breathing exercises so I can be more or less ready. Then when it was time, my OB ruptured my water bag and asked me to start pushing. I remembered pushing for only a few times, less than 10 I think, I didn’t feel Maku coming out. It was 1:34 am on September 3, 2006 that Markus Nathan C. Soriano was born. He was so tiny, so beautiful. The doctor put him on my chest before bringing him to the huggery and I kissed him on his head and then I fell asleep.


After almost 2 years, my baby always calls on “daddy, daddy”! When he cries or wants kalong, he would go to daddy. Wawa naman si mommy.....


Here are some pictures of Maku in Manila. Enjoy.








Feeding Mr. Froggie.... Say ahhhhh....

At Ate Lana's birthday party. Fun Ranch, Westgate, Alabang



I love Friday's strawberry lemonade


Reading the newspaper before going to school

No comments: