Friday, July 4, 2008

Got a new LCD TV, yahoo!

Last week, I was having the idea (Mike termed it as an “urge”) of flying to Manila for 2 weeks in end July. I was planning to stop over Singapore for 3-4 days before I fly to Manila. I mentioned this to my boss and asked him if it will be possible to work for a day in Singapore and another 1.5 weeks in Manila since I don't have enough holidays to use for this year. Unfortunately, the big boss did not approve even though they won't spend a dime for my trip. They said that we can't mix pleasure with work!

Since my idea of traveling was now impossible, I shifted my spending energy on buying an LCD which Nat has been convincing me to buy for the longest time. I went to the mall after work and asked the salesman at Bing Lee for the last price of the 26” Samsung LCD since it wasn't on sale and he came back with a $250 discount. So I immediately called Nat and asked him what he thinks and he was obviously happy. So with a good price and Nat’s approval (he specifically wants an LCD with a built-in HTV tuner), I decided to buy it. I also tried my luck for a free mixer from the salesman but he said that he’d already given me a good discount.

Carrying the tv from the cart to the car on an inclined parking proved to be quite difficult.
It's not usual in Sydney for salesman to help you carry heavy stuff like appliances to you car. I didn't expect that the box will be that heavy so as I was carrying the box, I dropped one side of the box and to avoid losing my grip to the other side of the box, I let go of the cart which rolled down and came to a halt when it hit the car parked beside us. Good thing there wasn't a dent or a scratch.

So I drove back home and used a trolley to bring it up.


The stand has to be installed. It took me half an hour to just tighten the screw.



and here's our new LCD....






Now, we can enjoy watching at the comfort of our room!

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess said...

Wow, nice tv! Congratulations on your new toy! At may discount pa!

Indeed, there's no better way to chase the blues away than retail therapy.